Procurement Specialist - 70-90K
Procurement Specialist – 70-90K
Needing someone with 2-4+ yrs. out of college. Client is located near Hobby airport.
The Procurement Specialist Role focuses on maintaining inventory levels across all products for North America. This requires analyzing current inventory levels, internal and external relationship building, RFQ/RFP generation; management and execution of the entire purchase order lifecycle, negotiating terms and pricing for inventory, and communicating to senior management all project milestones.
• Daily creation and maintenance of purchase orders for all assigned items, keeping the inventory levels within established parameters.
• Support continuous process improvement by identifying areas of opportunity as it relates to the purchase order cycle.
• Maintain assigned product categories and drive decision making on purchases based on market conditions.
• Maintain and improve relationships internally as well as on a global level.
• Proactively manage on-orders materials and suppliers while communicating to senior management major milestones
• Proactively search, identify, and implement cost cutting processes, activities, and initiatives
• Lead/collaborate with cross functional teams to meet organizational goals
• Must be able to travel internationally occasionally.
• B.S. degree in Industrial Distribution, Business, or Supply Chain Management
• Ability to multitask, detail oriented, and highly organized
• Strong work ethic with an ability to persevere in challenging, pressurized situations
• Self-motivated, but willing to take direction and push individual comfort zone.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Proficient PC Skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Word