HR Generalist - 66K-90K
Client located in Beaumont, TX
The Human Resources Generalist will support the Human Resource Manager with various general HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with the HR Director and other HR team members at other locations. Employee relations support as well as policy development/implementation will also be key responsibilities for this position. This position is responsible for both administrative and strategic hiring duties and planning. The ideal candidate will be organized, experienced, able to work independently as a dedicated strategist and planner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Lead the recruitment/employment process including enhancement of the recruitment programs, job fairs, a formal internship program and affirmative action.
- Performs recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for positions at the facility and maintains records related to same. Completes exit interviews.
- Implements Human Resources programs by providing Human Resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employee relations and retention.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Administers the various Human Resource plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Updates and prepares maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems with the HR Manager.
- Reviews and supports the annual updates to the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; gathers data to support annual salary surveys and provides data to develop merit pool (salary budget); provides necessary data to analyze the compensation structure; monitors performance evaluation program and provides suggested revisions as deems necessary.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information, recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals in conjunction with HR Director. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department.
Education, Experience, and/or Training
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience working in similar role
• 7+ years of experience in an HR Generalist type role or combination of roles
• or a master’s degree in HR Management and two years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
• Capability to adapt in a rapid and complex changing work environment.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
• Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
• General knowledge of employment laws and best practices.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
• Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
• Organized and efficient in daily tasks.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills essential.
• Experience with the HR and Payroll system (ADP) is preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing plant preferred with experience in a fertilizer manufacturing plant a plus.